RE: Firing order of triggers

From: Browett, Darren <dbrowett_at_city.coquitlam.bc.ca>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 09:26:57 -0800

Thanks for all the responses,

It turns out two of the triggers are from the vendor (database supports a maintenance management system)
and the third is one of ours.

The trigger in question (the third one) updates the data for accounting purposes before it gets moved
(one of the other trigger) to an interface table for transfer to Peoplesoft.

Two weeks ago the trigger worked fine, then we updated a totally different procedure, and to put it into
production, the configuration process reloads/recompiles ALL triggers/procedures in the database, and now it fires differently.

It also turns out that one of the vendors triggers has a "user exit" which we are going to take advantage
of and merge our trigger into one of theirs.

I agree it would make sense to merge all the triggers together, at least we can do 2 out of 3.

Author: Ron  Yount
  INET: ronwy_at_swbell.net

Author: Browett, Darren
  INET: dbrowett_at_city.coquitlam.bc.ca