Re: Data Archiving

From: Arul kumar <rakumar_at_mahindrabt.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 02:54:46 -0800

Hi Nirmal,
Export/Import sounds good for this.
I think u can give a try with DIRECT=Y option in exp utility (for faster export !).
I am not sure abt this option in 7.3.. do give it a try. Arul.
I am not sure abt this
Nirmal Kumar Muthu Kumaran wrote:

Hi all,
New year Greetings.
We need to archive some history tables
from the production database to new server. Totally around 50 history tables we need to move and each table
having around 10 million of records. Some of history tables having records, which are required for another a year the production database, approximatedly i can say around 2 million of records in each table like this.
So what is the best way to move these
tables?.
I suggested them to export/import tables and delete invalid records.
But another team are planned to do it
by a simple pl/sql script by making cursor, check validity of record, if yes insert into new server and then delete from production, repeat. I want to know the best way to do this
job without any major implications.
Both servers are oracle7.3.1. running
on VAX/VMS.
Thanks.
Nirmal.

Disclaimer

This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message and are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.

Visit us at http://www.mahindrabt.com Received on Thu Dec 27 2001 - 04:54:46 CST