Re: Help - DBA interview questions I faced

From: Dharani Ravi <dharan71_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2001 20:13:25 -0800

Dear Rachel,

Thanks for your reply and guidance. Also thanks to Kirti Deshpande and Jenny Jacobson for their replies.  In India Oracle DBA 101 book is not yet released. Once it is released I will defently purchase the book.

Regarding Question No.1, I told that Server Process is the background process and sysauth or objauth view is used to check for username and password. The employer told me that I am wrong. Could you pl clarify.

  1. When you enter 'sqlplus scott/tiger' which background process checks for authentication ? From which table/view it checks for authentication ? If password is wrong from where oracle throws the msg ?

Regards.
Dharan.

Do You Yahoo!?
Send your FREE holiday greetings online! http://greetings.yahoo.com

Author: Dharani Ravi
  INET: dharan71_at_yahoo.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Dec 25 2001 - 22:13:25 CST