Re: Help - DBA interview questions I faced

From: Dharani Ravi <dharan71_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2001 04:07:03 -0800

Dear Rachel,

Thanks for your reply. Initially I felt demoralised after reading your reply. Truth is always bitter. You are correct. My Oracle concepts knowledge needs to be improved. I read Oracle 8 concepts manual two years ago. I am working for a small company where there are no seperate DBAs, System Administrators and Network Admins. Only three staff are identified to look after the abovementioned jobs in addition to development job. Most of our time goes for report generation, foxpro programs and other activities. I do not have a senior person from whom I can learn the job. Jobs like DB creation, maintanence, backup and recovery are done by me and I learned the job from manuals and by experience. I wanted to work in a production env where I can learn more about DBA job. I need your guidance and seniors guidance from this group. Hope you will appreciate my position and I sincerely request you to clarify my doubts. I will be grateful to you If you can clarify my mistakes made by me in the interview. I seek the support from this group to develop myself as a DBA.

Merry Christmas.

Regards.
Dharan.

Do You Yahoo!?