Re: database administration questions

From: Scott Shafer <sknd100_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2001 16:08:22 -0800

  To: <A title=ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com
  href="mailto:ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com">Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

  Sent: Monday, December 24, 2001 1:15
  AM
  Subject: database administration
  questions

  Hi! I'm looking into getting
  into the field of Database Administrating.  Right now, I have experience   with MS Access and have created several databases for companies that I have   worked with in the past with Access. I'm looking for a jump in my   career and the next logical step for me, I would think, would be in database   field.  However, I also have some networking knowledge (Cisco   certified...).  So, I'm looking into the advantages of both fields.
 I have some questions & I'm not sure who to ask or where to get my
  answers.  But, here they go:   Questions for a Database   Administrator: 1)  What is your typical workday like?