Re: Move DB to Another Schema

From: Stephane Faroult <sfaroult_at_oriole.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2001 00:33:25 -0800

John Kanagaraj wrote:

> Ken,
>
> SYS objects are NOT exported since an import of SYS would basically then
> import database metadata. The only method is to create another schema (not
> SYSTEM!) and move these tables into the new schema using a series of CTAS.
> If you have the DDL scripts, then run them against the new user rather than
> SYS (did you run them using SVRMGRL connected as INTERNAL before?)
>
> Hope everything goes well with you and the family this Christmas season!
> John Kanagaraj
> Oracle Applications DBA
> DBSoft Inc
> (W): 408-970-7002

John,

   I agree with you for a full export, and (I have just checked) a OWNER=SYS export exports everything but tables. But there is no such limitation with a TABLES= export :

[oriole_at_frlinux1 oriole]$ exp system/xxx tables=sys.obj$

Export: Release 8.1.7.0.1 - Production on Sat Dec 22 09:06:03 2001

(c) Copyright 2000 Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.

Connected to: Oracle8i Enterprise Edition Release 8.1.7.0.1 - Production With the Partitioning option
JServer Release 8.1.7.0.1 - Production
Export done in US7ASCII character set and US7ASCII NCHAR character set

About to export specified tables via Conventional Path ... Current user changed to SYS

. . exporting table                           OBJ$       3016 rows
exported
Export terminated successfully without warnings

so CTAS is not the ONLY option.

--
Regards,

Stephane Faroult