RE: Num. of blocks multiple of 5?

From: Adams, Matthew (GEA, 088130) <MATT.ADAMS_at_APPL.GE.COM>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 08:11:16 -0800

This
has been the documented behavior for non-LMT for
quite a while.  From the storage clause section of the
SQL Reference Manual
<SPAN

class=177171915-21122001>
"Oracle
rounds
values up to the next
multiple of the data block size for values less than 5 data blocks, and

rounds up to the next
multiple of 5 data blocks for values greater than 5 data blocks."

----Matt Adams - GE Appliances -
matt.adams_at_appl.ge.comThe thrill is gone -  B. B. KingIf the thrill is gone, then it's time to take it back. -  Meatloaf
<BLOCKQUOTE

style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">   -----Original
  Message-----From: Vladimir Barac - posao   [mailto:vbarac_at_mobtel.co.yu]Sent: Friday, December 21, 2001 6:55   AMTo: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-LSubject: Num.   of blocks multiple of 5?Hi all!I have created   tablespace where initial and next extents are same = 128KB.Block size is   4K.After creating test table and querying DBA_SEGMENTS, I see that new   tableoccupies 35 blocks, instead of 32 blocks.Same happened with   tablespace where initial = next = 256 and test tableoccupied 65 instead of   64 blocks.Why is this
happening?Regards Received on Fri Dec 21 2001 - 10:11:16 CST