RE: Rama Velpuri's 9i Backup and Recovery Book Available?

From: SARKAR, Samir <Samir.SARKAR_at_nottingham.sema.slb.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 02:23:36 -0800

Personally speaking I think that it is one of the best books available on Backup and Recovery.....the case studies at the end of the boom r pure gems. I have the Oracle 8 edition and the concepts r very clearly explained esp. Media Recovery the concepts of which r still not very clear to many DBAs. I agree with Dennis on the RMAN portion though but I have heard that they have
revised it in the 8i edition.
I have got the RMAN pocket reference by O'Reilly too and found it to b very useful.

Do get the book cos it is a sure keeper......I dont think there is a 9i Backup and Recovery book yet available.

Samir Sarkar
Oracle DBA - Lennon Team
SchlumbergerSema
Email : samir.sarkar_at_nottingham.sema.slb.com

            samir.sarkar_at_sema.co.uk
Author: John Kanagaraj
  INET: john.kanagaraj_at_hds.com

Author: DENNIS WILLIAMS
  INET: DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM

SchlumbergerSema.
If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this
email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or
copying of this email is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this email in error please notify the SchlumbergerSema Helpdesk
by telephone on +44 (0) 121 627 5600.

Author: SARKAR, Samir
  INET: Samir.SARKAR_at_nottingham.sema.slb.com