recovery scenario - partial database - help

From: <John.Dailey_at_ing-fsi-na.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 16:17:20 -0800

OK.... we had some data deleted from our production database and reporting database that shouldn't have been deleted. We want to take from the most recent backup the 3 tablespaces affected by the delete and the system tablespace and restore those files to a temporary database with a backup controlfile so we can pull the data we need out. We have stripped the other files from the controlfile creation script. We are getting a 600 error when we attempt to create the controlfile - we have 2 DBAs here who have successfully completed this scenario in the past but we are stifled by the 600 error this time around. Oracle Support is saying we can't do this anymore in 8.1.7.... we aren't so sure. Can anyone think of something we are missing? Anyone performed this operation before?

Restoring from the full backup is an option but it is our last one due to the size and time required to do this.

Oracle 8.1.7.0
AIX 4.3.3 Any and all help is welcomed -

thanks!

John Dailey
Corporate Systems DBA
ING Americas
Atlanta, GA

  INET: John.Dailey_at_ing-fsi-na.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Dec 20 2001 - 18:17:20 CST