RE: Rama Velpuri's 9i Backup and Recovery Book Available?

From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 15:54:44 -0800

I have the earlier version of Velpuri's book and find that it is excellent. One thing to keep in mind is that Oracle isn't putting much effort into the hot/cold backup & recovery recently. Therefore if your interest is in that area, then I wouldn't wait for a new edition (your database might crash before then).

        John - Thanks for pointing out that Velpuri's book isn't very strong in RMAN. I recently purchased the O'Reilly Oracle RMAN Pocket Reference. I haven't had a chance to dig deeply into it, but I am confident it is worth the $13 U.S. it cost. That is a current problem with RMAN - the lack of good documentation.
Dennis Williams
DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.
dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com