RE: Hot Backup Recovery Scenario

From: Mike Killough <mwkillough_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 15:03:05 -0800

You can find out what the current logfile is and then apply the previous ones:

MIKEK:system> select a.group#,a.member,a.status,b.status,b.bytes   2 from v$logfile a, v$log b
  3 where a.group# = b.group#
  4 /

    GROUP# MEMBER                                   STATUS    STATUS
       BYTES
---------- ---------------------------------------- --------- ---------
----------------
         1 C:\ORACLE\ORADATA\MIKEK\REDO01A.LOG                ACTIVE
   1,048,576
         1 C:\ORACLE\ORADATA\MIKEK\REDO01B.LOG                ACTIVE
   1,048,576
         2 C:\ORACLE\ORADATA\MIKEK\REDO02A.LOG                ACTIVE
   1,048,576
         2 C:\ORACLE\ORADATA\MIKEK\REDO02B.LOG                ACTIVE
   1,048,576
         3 C:\ORACLE\ORADATA\MIKEK\REDO03A.LOG                CURRENT
   1,048,576
         3 C:\ORACLE\ORADATA\MIKEK\REDO03B.LOG                CURRENT
   1,048,576
         4 C:\ORACLE\ORADATA\MIKEK\REDO04A.LOG                ACTIVE
   1,048,576
         4 C:\ORACLE\ORADATA\MIKEK\REDO04B.LOG                ACTIVE
   1,048,576

recover database until cancel;

apply logfiles C:\ORACLE\ORADATA\MIKEK\REDO01A.LOG and C:\ORACLE\ORADATA\MIKEK\REDO02A.LOG. alter database open resetlogs;

Mike

Author: Mike Killough
  INET: mwkillough_at_hotmail.com