RE: Excessive Paging - AIX Related?

From: Kevin Lange <kgel_at_ppoone.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 12:45:59 -0800

I would agree with your assessment.

Our AIX setup was equiped with 3 swap disks. Non-mirrored plain small scsi attached drives. When we originally just had one disk, our system would do things simular to yours. When we performed intensive operations like exports and imports, it would bog down and slow. Since we were using only 1 small disk, we added a seperate one to increase swap space. Improved a lot. Later on we increased it to 3.

We simply have 3, 512 M to 1 GB swap partitions.

I think with only one partition, system an application swapping conflicts.

Author: Post, Ethan
  INET: Ethan.Post_at_ps.net

  INET: Jared.Still_at_radisys.com

Author: Post, Ethan