RE: hard disk configuration question

From: Mark Leith <mark_at_cool-tools.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 02:39:54 -0800

"First what use are the two internal drives that aren't in the disk array?
Someone suggested to "WRT" them, and I am not familiar with that term. Again I am not sure I want to mirror them, and if they aren't redundant how useful can they really be?"

WRT is an acronym for "With regards to" ;) And the advice about installing the O.S and patches on to these drives (maybe mirrored) seems sound to me.

"Second. If an 8k database block size is tiny, what is a large database
block size? 8k is as large as I can go without raw file systems, isn't it?"

I *believe* (though have never seen) that you can have a 16k block size on HP, so maybe other platforms will allow this as well..

HTH Mark

Author: Steve McClure
  INET: smcclure_at_usscript.com

Author: Mark Leith