Re: Help

From: Joe Testa <teci_at_the-testas.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 19:04:19 -0800

RTFM, but i'm in a decent mood, so i cut paste the explanation from oerr(if you're on windoze, move to unix, then you'll have oerr).

04031, 00000, "unable to allocate %s bytes of shared memory (\"%s\",\"%s\",\"%s\",\"%s\")"

// *Cause:  More shared memory is needed than was allocated in the shared
//          pool.
// *Action: If the shared pool is out of memory, either use the
//          dbms_shared_pool package to pin large packages,
//          reduce your use of shared memory, or increase the amount of
//          available shared memory by increasing the value of the
//          INIT.ORA parameters "shared_pool_reserved_size" and
//          "shared_pool_size".
//          If the large pool is out of memory, increase the INIT.ORA
//          parameter "large_pool_size".

joe

--
Joe Testa, Oracle DBA
Want to have a good time with a bunch of geeks? Check out:

Author: Joe Testa
  INET: teci_at_the-testas.net