Re: hard disk configuration question

From: Rodd Holman <rodney.holman_at_lodgenet.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 15:37:11 -0800

WRT the 2 internals,
  We mirror those and load only the OS and OS patches. All other stuff goes on the arrays. That allows us to swap machines if necessary by just exporting and importing the RAID volumes.

Rodd Holman
On Tue, 2001-12-18 at 14:25, Ray Stell wrote:

    I have sun sales giving me the same line. I challenged them to     prove it yesterday. I hope to have some data on this soon and     will follow up.

    To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message     to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in     the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L     (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may     also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing).

    On Tue, Dec 18, 2001 at 11:30:43AM -0800, Ken Janusz wrote:
> This guy is full of it. According to Loney & Theriault in Oracle8i DBA
> Handbook ch. 4 - Physical DB Layouts. The minimum recommended is 7 HD's.
> The ideal is 22. You are much better off with more smaller size drives
> than with fewer larger sized drives.
>
> My $0.02 worth,
>
> Ken Janusz, CPIM
> Database Conversion
> Lead Sufficient System, Inc.
> Minneapolis, MN

    Ray Stell stellr_at_vt.edu (540) 231-4109 KE4TJC 28^D     --
    Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.com     --
    Author: Ray Stell
      INET: stellr_at_cns.vt.edu
--