RE: Redo logs lost, old backups

From: K Gopalakrishnan <kaygopal_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 02:11:58 -0800

Yes. There are ways to recover the database (of course , unsupported) . let me know the following details by offline, I will be able to help you.

What is the current state of the database? What is the size of the redo logs?
Was the last shutdown (if the database is down) is immediate or abort? Which version of Oracle and OS?
Do you have the trace of the control file ? Do you know the locations of ALL datafiles? Do you have the alert log in place?

Best Regards,
K Gopalakrishnan
(408) 934 9310

Author: Maser, Donna  (SEA)
  INET: Donna.Maser_at_sea.celltechgroup.com