Oracle text and CLOBs

From: Witold Iwaniec <wiwaniec_at_novalistech.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 13:12:25 -0800

Hi all

I am experimenting with Oracle Text and CLOBs in Oracle 8.1.7 and have run into something strange.

I have a table, LRMI_NOTE, with column NOTE_DATA that is defined as a CLOB.

SELECT NOTE_DATA FROM LRMI_DATA; NOTE_DATA

this is starting test

I have built both ctxsys.context and ctxsys.ctxcat indexes. When I run:

select * from lrmi_note where contains(note_data, 'test') > 0 or
select * from lrmi_note where contains(note_data, 'starting') > 0

I get back the record. But when I run:

select * from lrmi_note where contains(note_data, 'is') > 0 or
select * from lrmi_note where contains(note_data, 'this') > 0

I don't get anything back. The same happens when I used the catsearch() function.

I updated this column, set to various strings so that "this" and "is" were in different positions in the string, but couldn't get anything back using "is" or "this" in my queries.

Can anyone explain this?

Thanks

Witold

Witold Iwaniec
Sr Software Developer
NovaLIS Technologies
wiwaniec_at_novalistech.com
http://www.novalistech.com

Author: Witold Iwaniec
  INET: wiwaniec_at_novalistech.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon Dec 17 2001 - 15:12:25 CST