Anybody using Incentive

From: <dmeng_at_focal.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 11:09:46 -0800

Hi all -
We purchased Incentive about 6months ago and it has been a nightmare for our DBA group: the application would generate millions of rows overnight and then try to delete millions of rows from a big table called PAYEEADJTASK without a interim commit. Our database has only about 2 gigs of data but has 7 gigs of rollback segment to accomodate the big deletes. Also it takes days to run some of their processes. Our company has only about 350 sales people to pay. According to Incentive, this is all normal. Has anyone on this list used this app before and care to share some tips on how to deal with it? I want to keep my full head of hair through this Christmas...

Dennis Meng
Database Administrator
Focal Communications
847-954-8328

  INET: dmeng_at_focal.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon Dec 17 2001 - 13:09:46 CST