RE: Logminer in different SID

From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 09:35:55 -0800

Aldi - My advice is to use Logminer on your production database. I am assuming that your DEV database is a copy or clone of your production database. However, Logminer won't have the correct file names, for example. You will have to go back to production, find the file you want, find the file_id, convert that file_id to hex, then enter that into Logminer. Even if your DEV is a clone of production. The data values will also be in hex. It can be done, but it is probably much more useful to simply build the Logminer dictionary on production.
Dennis Williams
DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.
dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com

Author: Aldi Barco
  INET: ipal_at_hotmail.com

Author: DENNIS WILLIAMS
  INET: DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon Dec 17 2001 - 11:35:55 CST