Re: Change PCTINCREAE for SYSTEM Tablespace

From: Dan Whatley <dan.whatley_at_motorola.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 09:26:53 -0800

Hi Ken,

If no one has told you yet, all you have to do is to use the "alter tablespace" command, for example:

alter tablespace system default storage (pctincrease 0);

select tablespace_name, pct_increase from dba_tablespaces where tablespace_name='SYSTEM';

You shouldn't need to rebuild your database, (e.g. your control files) to reset this tablespace storage parameter. Hope this resolves your problem for you there.

Dan Whatley
Sr. Oracle DBA
Motorola, Inc.
Global Information Systems