Re: Create a database without using DbAssist

From: Joe Testa <teci_at_the-testas.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 11:15:09 -0800

I use the dbassist pgm with each version to get a generic set of scripts that i can customize that will pick up the new pieces parts in $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin that i might want to use in the new version.

But then i customize them and run then from command line.

joe

Rachel Carmichael wrote:

> Oh geez... okay, you have GOT to read the manuals!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> check out the SQL reference guide, specifically the "Create Database"
> statement
>
> <getting on soapbox>
>
> This is why I so hate the damned GUI tools. If a DBA doesn't know how
> to perform the same functions without the tools, what happens to them
> when the tools are not there??
>
> </getting off soapbox>
>

> --- Gavin D'mello <gavin_d_at_tis.co.in> wrote:
>

>>Is it possible to create a database without using dbassist ?
>>
>>Gavin

Joe Testa, Oracle DBA
Want to have a good time with a bunch of geeks? Check out:
http://www.geekcruises.com/standard_interface/future_cruises.html
I'm presenting, when registering drop my name :)

Author: Joe Testa
  INET: teci_at_the-testas.net