Re: tns-12545

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_cybcon.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 09:59:42 -0800

0:28-sherlock:ts01:jkstill-4 > oerr tns 12545 12545, 00000, "Connect failed because target host or object does not exist"

// *Cause: The address specified is not valid, or the program being
// connected to does not exist.
// *Action: Ensure the ADDRESS parameters have been entered correctly; the
// most likely incorrect parameter is the node name.  Ensure that the
// executable for the server exists (perhaps "oracle" is missing.)
// If the protocol is TCP/IP, edit the TNSNAMES.ORA file to change the
// host name to a numeric IP address and try again.
[ /home/jkstill/tmp ]

9:15-sherlock:ts01:jkstill-4 >

The error message indicates that your tnsnames.ora is in all likelihood incorrect.

If you post the listener.ora from the server and the relevant portion of the tnsnames.ora file, someone will probably be able to point it out to you.

Jared

Author: Jared Still
  INET: jkstill_at_cybcon.com