Re: relink SGI 64 bit Oracle 8.1.7 & Veritas Netbackup

From: <Cherie_Machler_at_gelco.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 13:32:04 -0800

James,

Have you tried Veritas's web site?
It's at http://support.veritas.com/menu_ddProduct_NETBACKUP.htm

Click on advanced search under Knowledge Base in the middle right part of the page.

Search on the error message that you get. Try all the error numbers by themselves. You should get a hit that way.

I was able to find a very nice article in their Knowledge Base showing how to do the relink libobk. They had a section for 32-bit as well as a section for 64-bit. I can't put my hands on the hard copy I had right now
but it might turn up. Email me if you fail to find the article on their website.

I have had very little success in troubleshooting RMAN errors related to Veritas via Oracle and/or Metalink. I have had pretty good support from Veritas, though. If nothing else, get their support phone number off of their
web site and call their support direct. Their people can be a bit spotty but
most of the time I've spoken with someone very good.

Cherie Machler
Oracle DBA
Gelco Information Network

                    "James

                    Howerton"            To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
<ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
                    <jhowerton_at_uab       cc:

                    mc.edu>              Subject:     relink SGI 64 bit Oracle 8.1.7 &
Veritas Netbackup
                    Sent by:

                    root_at_fatcity.c

                    om

                    12/13/01 01:40

                    PM

                    Please respond

                    to ORACLE-L

DBA's

Has anyone been able to get Veritas Netbackup to work with SGI 64 bit Oracle 8.1.7

The relink fails with ~/lib/libobk.so is o32

I've tried the following relink statements:

  make -f ins_rdbms.mk ioracle
and
  make -f ins_rdbms.mk PL_FLAGS=-32 both fail

Metalink/Oracle support is no help as usual.

TIA
...JIM...

Author: James Howerton
  INET: jhowerton_at_uabmc.edu