Re: Query to determine 32 or 64 bit?

From: Christian Trassens <ctrassens_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 08:55:05 -0800

Yes, it is there. And it means that your version is a 32 bit. If it were an 64, it would appear explicitly.

Also, if your OS works with ELF's files, you could issue a file command over oracle bin. Fe:

$ file $ORACLE_HOME/bin/oracle
/oas/8.1.7/bin/oracle: ELF 32-bit MSB executable SPARC Version
1, dynamically linked, not stripped

Regards.
--- David Wagoner <dwagoner_at_arsenaldigital.com> wrote:
> What's the query to determine if the Oracle version
> is 32 or 64 bit? I
> queried v$version but it's not there. I know there
> is a query because I've
> seen it before but don't remember it.
>

> david
>
> David B. Wagoner
> Database Administrator
> Arsenal Digital Solutions Worldwide Inc.
> 4815 Emperor Blvd., Suite 110
> Durham, NC 27703
> Tel. (919) 941-4645
> Fax (919) 474-0735
> Email <mailto:dwagoner_at_arsenaldigital.com>
> mailto:dwagoner_at_arsenaldigital.com
> Web <http://www.arsenaldigital.com/>
> http://www.arsenaldigital.com/
>

> *** NOTICE ***
> This e-mail message is confidential, intended only
> for the named
> recipient(s) above and may contain information that
> is privileged, work
> product or exempt from disclosure under applicable
> law. If you have
> received this message in error, or are not the named
> recipient(s), please
> immediately notify the sender at (919) 941-4645 and
> delete this e-mail
> message from your computer. Thank you.

ENG. Christian Trassens
Senior DBA