RE: Internal Password

From: Ganesh Raja <ganesh_at_gtfs-gulf.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 23:51:48 -0800

Set
ORACLE_SID Environment Variable to the instance u want to Connect to .
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff

size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff

size=2>HTH

Best Regards, <FONT face=Arial
size=2>Ganesh R Tel  : +971 (4)
397 3337 Ext 420 Fax : +971 (4)  397
6262
HP  : +971 (50) 7456019

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Denham Eva   [mailto:EvaD_at_TFMC.co.za]Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2001 10:35   AMTo: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-LSubject:   Internal Password
  Hello Gurus
  I have a problem in that I was always able to login   to svrmgrl on the consol and connect to internal, without having to give a   password.
  Yesterday however we had a massive mulfunction of   the UPS and all power was lost to the server room. <FONT face=Arial   size=2>Anyway the Win2k, compaq 8500R server recovered fine and so did the   Oracle DB 817. BUT, now connecting internal   demands a password, why? Also all known passwords do not work including the   default one. Can anyone shed some light on   what happened? and how can I fix it?
  TIA Denham
  Eva

  This e-mail message has been scanned for Viruses and Content and cleared by   MailMarshal - For more information
  please visit <A
  href="http://www.marshalsoftware.com">www.marshalsoftware.com       Received on Thu Dec 13 2001 - 01:51:48 CST