Where is the memory gone?

From: WinterSun Zhao <wintersun_zhao_at_21cn.com>
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2001 17:45:48 -0800

Hi, DBAs:

    I find that one of our database's Shared Pool's memory decreased every day.     It is Oracle 8.1.7 on Windows 2K, with 512M Physical memory.     When I check v$sgastat, I find the "miscellaneous" part of "shared pool" increased every day, it begans with 500K, then, after two days, it increased to 5586228 bytes, after about 10 days, it increased to 40M, and because I had allocated 50M to the Shared Pool, So the memory available became less and less. And I had to shutdown and restart the database when the available memory of shared pool is below 5M.

   I want to know why the memory occupied by "miscellaneous" part is increased? The other database on solaris did not increased. How can I find out what is it? How to prevent it or resolve it without shutdown and restart the database? ( alter system flush shared pool only flush the sql and library cache, and it didn't decrease the miscellaneous part's memory usage. )

   Thank you very much!

  WinterSun

国内收费邮箱谁最强,首次权威评测见分晓
http://news.21cn.com/domestic/21CN/2001-11-19/550568.html 买企业邮箱,获赠域名
http://mail.21cn.com/corporation/010.html 收费邮箱真能大行其道,给我一个理由
http://mail.21cn.com/bijiao/index2-7.html

Author: WinterSun Zha
  INET: wintersun_zhao_at_21cn.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Sun Dec 09 2001 - 19:45:48 CST