RE: parallel import

From: Tatireddy, Shrinivas (MED, Keane) <Shrinivas.Tatireddy_at_med.ge.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2001 18:31:33 -0800

Hi Paul

thnq for responding.
It is oracle 8.1.7 on solaris box (2.7)

The database is small ( 16 Gig), and used for majorly querying. No massive inserts/updates for these databases.

The table was exported without parallel degree clause. THe whole data is in a single dmp file. It is a 700M file and normally taking 12-15 hrs to do imp.

I dropped my indexes and disabled triggers on that table.

(Had I enabled all these the import would be 2 days.... :-) )

I exported the table using DIRECT=Y for fast export. It took 1 hr 30 minutes.

Is it required to set PARALLEL_MIN_SERVERS and MAX_SERVERS in init for doing parallel executions.?

And can you post me the syntax for paralle exp / imp ?

srinivas

Author: Paul Drake
  INET: paled_at_home.com

Author: Tatireddy, Shrinivas (MED, Keane)