RE: Creating a reporting DB

From: Hand, Michael T <HANDM_at_polaroid.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2001 13:59:56 -0800

Step 3.1
  Switch archive logs and copy to 2nd machine

  Rename the datafiles to new location and recover until cancel using the Old sid

   THEN
  Recreate the controlfile with the new SID

Let me know if I missed anything, or I can give you or Henry (? no 2nd addressee in your post) more details.

Mike Hand
Polaroid Corp.

Author: Hand, Michael T
  INET: HANDM_at_polaroid.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Dec 07 2001 - 15:59:56 CST