RE: Generating a SQLLDR Sequence Number

From: Kumar, Dharminder <Dharminder.Kumar_at_bmonb.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2001 08:25:57 -0800

Ken,
This is what I did once to do a similar exercise. I defined a seq dk_seq as in my case in the database and used the following control file. The next value of sequence should depend on how you define the sequence.

LOAD DATA
INFILE 'sysx.csv'
TRUNCATE
INTO TABLE dk_tmp
FIELDS TERMINATED BY ',' OPTIONALLY ENCLOSED BY '"' trailing nullcols
(

 CUSIP                                              char,
 ISIN                                               char,
 SMF                                                char,
 STATUS                                             char,
 REASON                                             char,
 ELG_DATE                                           char,
 CURRENCY                                           char,
 MATURITY                                           char,
 seqno "dk_seq.nextval" )

Author: Ken Janusz
  INET: ken.janusz_at_sufsys.com

Author: Mercadante, Thomas F
  INET: NDATFM_at_labor.state.ny.us

Author: Ken Janusz
  INET: ken.janusz_at_sufsys.com

<FONT SIZE =

This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, delete this e-mail and destroy any copies. Any dissemination or use of this information by a person other than the intended recipient is unauthorized and may be illegal. Unless otherwise stated, opinions expressed in this e-mail are those of the author and are not endorsed by the author's employer.</FONT>

Author: Kumar, Dharminder
  INET: Dharminder.Kumar_at_bmonb.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Dec 07 2001 - 10:25:57 CST