Re:REMOTE USER CREATION

From: <dgoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2001 07:44:47 -0800

Raj,

    User creation is a DBA's responsibility in my book, therefore I don't understand why your having this problem in the first place. But since you are & since I just finished chasing this down recently. The problem is that a DML operation is attempting to happen over a remote database link. This implies a commit in a way that the two phase commit process can't handle. It's pretty well documented on MetaLink.

Dick Goulet

Author: "Sakthi ; Raj" <rajan_sakthi_at_yahoo.com>
Date:       12/6/2001 2:45 PM

Hi Folks ,
Somebody tell me I am not insane...please..!! The problem is this...
As usual Everybody else except DBA ( me..) decided and designed a program to create user in other database using a procedure thru db_link.
Example.
The programme exists in database A. When they want they have to execute a procedure under sys schema in Database B to create a user in database B and they have to be able to pass username and password to teh procedure.

well...God had other plans and they are getting ORA - 2064 "distributed operation not supported" NOw I am stuck with troubleshooting.
Has anybody seen and/or used anything like this ? ANy pointer is welcome and would be appreciated. TIA
Cheers
RS

Do You Yahoo!?
Send your FREE holiday greetings online! http://greetings.yahoo.com

Author: Sakthi , Raj
  INET: rajan_sakthi_at_yahoo.com

  INET: dgoulet_at_vicr.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Dec 07 2001 - 09:44:47 CST