Apache and Oracle config help

From: Don <dondealy_at_teleport.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2001 23:19:06 -0800

If somebody could lend assistance, here or offline, I would appreciate it.

The prob: Oracle SSP5 iprocurement installed on 8.0.5 DB with Oracle Apps 11.0.3. has problems dealing with the 6th session that trys to do a search in iP. The 6th session will cause ALL connected browser sessions to get a "server not found" error screen.

I found that if we recuded the -mx500m in the jserv.properties file down to about 50, we could keep 20+ sessions running, but now the search take upwards of 10 minutes to search 9000 items. Using TOP, it looks like Apache grabs all CPU cycles (2-cpu) and spreads the cycles across the searches. This immediately takes the cpus from 80% idle to 100+% used up, so nobody on the box gets good response time.

In talking with the HP folks, I have learned that the Apache that comes with iP is OLD. About 5 versions old.

Is it necessary to use the "oracle" version of Apache, or can we upgrade the the current HP version of Apache, and still run Apps and iP?

Can a single "apache" service the needs of 3 databases? Right now, we have an "apache" up and running for each db on the server.

Hardware: HP9000 L2000 2-233mHz cpu, 4G RAM 300+G disk.

Thx : dondealy_at_teleport.com

Author: Don
  INET: dondealy_at_teleport.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Dec 07 2001 - 01:19:06 CST