RE: Schema Owner

From: Kimberly Smith <ksmith2_at_myfirstlink.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2001 18:25:54 -0800

Oh, that was a low blow:-)

-----Original Message-----
Michael (TEM)
Sent: Thursday, December 06, 2001 3:55 PM To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

...and look what's happened to Enron! :-0

And I might add, it works very well.

I did the same thing at Enron to prevent the duhvelopers from changing account passwords.

Jared

                    Joe Testa

                    <teci_at_the-test       To:     Multiple recipients of list
ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
                    as.net>              cc:

                    Sent by:             Subject:     Re: Schema Owner

                    root_at_fatcity.c

                    om

                    12/05/01 07:15

                    PM

                    Please respond

                    to ORACLE-L

You can't revoke the privilege from the schema owner but you CAN keep them from doing ddl and dml by using database triggers.

now the catch is this:

the trigger HAS to be owned by someone other than the schema owner AND the schema owner can't have the alter any trigger privilege(either direct or via a role).

so yes Virgina(since its the xmas season), you can keep the schema owner from altering data in its own schema.

joe

Author: Vergara, Michael (TEM)
  INET: mvergara_at_guidant.com

Author: Kimberly Smith