RE: LOCKS - Reading Block Dumps

From: Larry Elkins <elkinsl_at_flash.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2001 15:04:04 -0800

Paul,

Thanks for the response -- and a good recommendation, I refer to those sites quite often. I had been searching at the Adams site and browsing Lewis's site prior to sending the email. For whatever reason, I missed/skipped the details on *interpreting* a block dump at the Adams site. I went back later and was able find more info. And the whole reason for this email is discussions by those folks and others about (besides the case of the sometimes useful columns in V$SESSION) doing block dumps to determine locked rows. And the Morle book is on my buy list, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Once again, thanks for your help.

Regards,

Larry G. Elkins
elkinsl_at_flash.net