contradictory information in v$session_wait?

From: Paul Baumgartel <treegarden_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2001 13:44:06 -0800

I had a process showing what I think is contradictory information in v$session_wait.

The event was direct path read. The state showed WAITED SHORT TIME. The time_waited showed -1. The puzzling thing was that SECONDS_IN_WAIT was continuously increasing (it was in the 8000 range while I was looking). SECONDS_IN_WAIT is supposed to be valid only when state is WAITING, no?

Has anyone seen this kind of situation, and how can we tell what's being waited on (it's apparently not the direct path read)? Thanks.

Paul Baumgartel

Do You Yahoo!?
Buy the perfect holiday gifts at Yahoo! Shopping. http://shopping.yahoo.com

Author: Paul Baumgartel
  INET: treegarden_at_yahoo.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Dec 04 2001 - 15:44:06 CST