RE: perl q

From: Koivu, Lisa <lisa.koivu_at_efairfield.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2001 08:25:43 -0800

Hi Mladen, thanks.  An illustrious friend of mine also reminded me of that famous backtick operator.

No.  If you are thinking of Fairfield Inns, I work for a different company.  Fairfield Resorts has offices in Las Vegas, Little Rock <gag>, Orlando and here in Ft. Lauderdale.  We are a very small part of Cendant.
From: Koivu, Lisa [mailto:lisa.koivu_at_efairfield.com] Sent: Tuesday, December 04, 2001 9:50 AM To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L Subject: OT: perl q

Good morning everyone,

I apologize for the OT post.

I was looking at the DBI.  It suddenly occurred to me that I can only connect to sql*plus with this.  I'm not minimizing it's usefulness, but I am wondering if I can use a perl script to fire off the rman backup, scan the log for errors, mail the log, etc.  everything I used to do in ksh.

Any examples of a "host" type command or something that may possibly meet my needs would be greatly appreciated and rewarded by a virtual  monkey beer :)

Thank you

Lisa Koivu
Oracle Database Monkey.
Fairfield Resorts, Inc.
954-935-4117 Received on Tue Dec 04 2001 - 10:25:43 CST