Re: Audit vs Logminer

From: Peter Teoh <petermag_at_singnet.com.sg>
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2001 08:24:30 -0800

I have used LogMiner once, and I was quite surprised at the Redo Log details. For example, all SQL that does not modify the database will not be captured into the Redo Log file. (eg, SELECT statement). But Auditing definitely can capture all these. Similarly if you issue the same update statement multiple nos of times, only one is updated into the Redo Log file. Auditing will record multiple nos of times as entered.

Peter Teoh
petermag_at_singnet.com.sg
http://web.singnet.com.sg/~petermag/oracle.html

Author: Peter Teoh