OT: perl q

From: Koivu, Lisa <lisa.koivu_at_efairfield.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2001 07:16:36 -0800

Good morning everyone,

I apologize for the OT post.

I was looking at the DBI.  It suddenly occurred to me that I can only connect to sql*plus with this.  I'm not minimizing it's usefulness, but I am wondering if I can use a perl script to fire off the rman backup, scan the log for errors, mail the log, etc.  everything I used to do in ksh.

Any examples of a "host" type command or something that may possibly meet my needs would be greatly appreciated and rewarded by a virtual  monkey beer :)

Thank you

Lisa Koivu
Oracle Database Monkey.
Fairfield Resorts, Inc.
954-935-4117 Received on Tue Dec 04 2001 - 09:16:36 CST