Re: Deleting Oracle8 on NT(cleaning Oracle8)

From: Rodd Holman <rodney.holman_at_lodgenet.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2001 10:59:50 -0800

Removing Oracle on NT (or any Windoze for that matter) 1. shutdown all oracle services (db, listener, etc.) 2. use the oracle installer and deinstall everything - this gets rid

       of a large portion of oracle
3. use regedit and remove the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\oracle 4. search the registry for oracle (delete every key related to

       the oracle install)
       do not delete keys related to Microsoft's Oracle ODBC (if
       installed it comes with VB) this is NOT an oracle product.
5. search the registry for ORANT (delete these keys) 6. SOUNDLY CURSE the "?genius?" at M$ who came up with the idea

       for the registry.
7. search the registry for ORADAC - this is the oracle objects for ole

       data access controller (delete these keys) 8. delete the directories of oracle datafiles, software, installer

       (usually in Program Files), and in the Start Menu. 9. remove any references to oracle in the autoexec.bat 10. Since this is Windoze reboot the machine.

Now oracle is gone. ;)

Rodd Holman

On Mon, 2001-12-03 at 12:10, Dwayne Cox wrote:

    Raghu,

    By shutting down the database and stopping the listener, you can delete all     the data files and directories without a problem. This will remove your     database.

    If you want to remove Oracle8 software, that will require purging the     registry. I don't think I have ever successfully removed ALL Oracle software     from NT.

    --

    Dwayne Cox                                            dwaynec_at_infotechfl.com
    DBA, Development Department,  Info Tech, Inc.
    Author: Dwayne Cox
      INET: dwaynec_at_infotechfl.com
    To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message     to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in     the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L     (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may     also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing).
--
Rodd Holman
Enterprise Data Systems Engineer

Author: Rodd Holman