RE: Determinants of control file

From: <Riyaj_Shamsudeen_at_i2.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2001 08:14:46 -0800

Hi
        v$controlfile_record_section is based on the fixed table x$kccrs. This does provide values for all the columns except  maxlogmembers. Here is the query to pull the information..

select
decode (indx, 3,'MAXLOGFILES',4,'MAXDATAFILES',2,'MAXINSTANCES',9,'MAXLOGHISTORY') , rsnum from x$kccrs where indx in (3,4,2,9)
/
DECODE(INDX,3      RSNUM
------------- ----------
MAXINSTANCES              8
MAXLOGFILES                 32
MAXDATAFILES         1022
MAXLOGHISTORY       907 which is matching with my controlfile dump.

CREATE CONTROLFILE REUSE DATABASE "mydb" NORESETLOGS ARCHIVELOG
    MAXLOGFILES 32
    MAXLOGMEMBERS 2
    MAXDATAFILES 1022
    MAXINSTANCES 8
    MAXLOGHISTORY 907

        I am not sure where maxlogmembers is stored. I will do some more digging to find that..

Thanks
Riyaj "Re-yas" Shamsudeen
Certified Oracle DBA
i2 technologies   www.i2.com

Nirmal Kumar  Muthu Kumaran <NIRMALK_at_qtel.com.qa> Sent by: root_at_fatcity.com
12/01/01 08:25 AM
Please respond to ORACLE-L

        To:        Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
        cc:
        Subject:        RE: Determinants of control file

No..... i already checked the view v$control_record_section, This view does not provide any information regarding determinants of controlfile like MAXDATAFILES, MAXLOGFILES, etc.... Nirmal.
From: Nirmal Kumar Muthu Kumaran [mailto:NIRMALK_at_qtel.com.qa] Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2001 7:52 AM To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L Subject: Determinants of control file
Hi all,
The determinants(size) of control file are maxdatafiles, maxlogfiles. maxlogmemebers, etc., But after creation of control files, where should i get details about these parameter values?... i checked in v$controlfile and v$database... i didn't get enough info on it. And i found controlfile_sequence# column i found in v$database view. I multiplexed the control files. Where will i get the sequence# of other control files then... Nirmal, Received on Mon Dec 03 2001 - 10:14:46 CST