rman restore & arclogs

From: Koivu, Lisa <lisa.koivu_at_efairfield.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2001 07:56:21 -0800

Good morning all -

I've been practicing rman restores.  It's a lot easier than I originally thought.  I've noticed that when you restore and the arclogs are needed, it restores them.  Which is expected.  However, when I take another backup, these arclogs are included in the backup set.  This is unnecessary in my opinion and makes my backup files larger than they need to be.

Is it standard practice to just delete the arclogs that were already in a backup set prior to taking the immediate backup after a recovery?  I can verify what arclogs are where in the backup sets with a report.

Any comments are appreciated.  Thanks

Lisa Koivu
Oracle Database Monkey
Fairfield Resorts, Inc.
954-935-4117 Received on Mon Dec 03 2001 - 09:56:21 CST