DISK LAYOUT

From: Harvinder Singh <Harvinder.Singh_at_MetraTech.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2001 07:32:33 -0800

Hi,
We have to performance benchmark test for our application . We have to check only scalibiliy and performance and not much concern for reliablity.
We have 10 36G hard disks(Fiber Channel array) and 2 18G(Internal boot disks).....4 400MHZ cpu's....
Expected database size is 250G..
1) Which raid level to use ...only for performance so may be no mirroring......
2) did i have to split hard disks on 2 sets for indexes and tables or single set of RAID 0 etc...
3) Where to place the log files , control files, oracle software , OS , tablespaces - System , Users(tables) , Temp, Indx (Indexes) , Rbs , Tools.

Thanks
-Harvinder Received on Mon Dec 03 2001 - 09:32:33 CST