Re: Snapshot Problems

From: A. Bardeen <abardeen1_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2001 03:41:23 -0800

Jeff,

Sorry, I didn't read your original email properly (geez, I hate it when I do that) and now I see that you're getting this error on creating the snapshot, not refreshing it, so my previous answer won't help you much.

What versions are the db's involved? If the master site is not 8.0.6 or 8.1.5 then you may be able to workaround this by creating the snapshot via offline instantiation (see Note: 1057037.6, the only change for 8i is that the snapshot base table is no longer prefixed with SNAP$_).

Another alternative, if the snapshot site is 8i, may be to use prebuilt tables if you can prevent changes to the master table during the time it takes you to do the CTAS against the master table and then perform a fast refresh.

HTH,

Do You Yahoo!?
Buy the perfect holiday gifts at Yahoo! Shopping. http://shopping.yahoo.com
Author: A. Bardeen