Porting OAS 4.0.8 application to iAS: please help!

From: Sergei O.Naumov <serge_at_mobicomk.ru>
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2001 05:18:00 -0800

Hi!
I have an old piece of code from a web application developed for OAS 4.0.8. I am trying to port it to iAS in 8.1.7. The code has a procedure defined like this:

        procedure form_edt (num_entries IN NUMBER,
                            name_array  IN owa.vc_arr,
                            value_array IN owa.vc_arr,
                            reserved    IN owa.vc_arr)
This procedure gets called from a URL as follows:
                        http://compacc/pls/chtn/ok.form_edt?recnum=1
However, web toolkit says that I have a parameter mismach:

ok.form_edt: SIGNATURE (parameter names) MISMATCH VARIABLES IN FORM NOT IN PROCEDURE: RECNUM NON-DEFAULT VARIABLES IN PROCEDURE NOT IN FORM: NUM_ENTRIES,NAME_ARRAY,VALUE_ARRAY,RESERVED   DAD name: CHTN

  PROCEDURE  : ok.form_edt
  URL        : http://compacc:80/pls/chtn/ok.form_edt?recnum=1
  PARAMETERS :

  RECNUM:
    1

Can anyone, please, explain what is wrong here. I read that the OWA code should port with
practically no problems.

Thanks a lot in advance,

Sergei

Author: Sergei O.Naumov
  INET: serge_at_mobicomk.ru

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Sun Dec 02 2001 - 07:18:00 CST