RE: Not able to view table

From: Mark Leith <mark_at_cool-tools.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 05:10:04 -0800

Jyoti,

Did you create the tables as SYSTEM? One thing I will say is that *YOU SHOULD NOT DO THIS*. When creating objects as SYSTEM, these objects will be stored in the SYSTEM tablespace - which is not a good idea. As system, create another tablespace (if one does not already exist), create a new user, with a default tablespace of the new tablespace, and use this user
(with the appropriate system/object privileges) to create your
tables/indexes/objects.

On to another point about your mail - the password for SYSTEM is actually the default. How about changing that for security reasons? This may just be a test box, but there's nothing like good safe practice.

Back to the original question:

Who were you logged on as when you created the tables? Where did you create them? (tablespace).

Have you tried either of the following:

select * from "tblBundleCon";
select * from 'tblBundleCon';

If you really did create them in lower and upper case, this could be your problem. Enclosing the table names in double quotes usually solves this..

HTH Mark

Author: Mark Leith
  INET: mark_at_cool-tools.co.uk