Re: Off Topic - Windows XP Dialup connection

From: <Peter.McLarty_at_mincom.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 18:29:23 -0800

Actually unless you have XP Professional you cant join a domain it is one the the things that differentiate HOME from Professional

HTH Peter McLarty                   E-mail: Peter.Mclarty_at_Mincom.com Technical Consultant        WWW: http://www.Mincom.com APAC Technical Services     Phone: +61 (0)7 3303 3461 Brisbane,  Australia                Mobile: +61 (0)402 094 238

----------------------                    Facsimile: +61 (0)7 3303 3048

"Jesse W. Asher" <jasher1_at_tampabay.rr.com> Sent by: root_at_fatcity.com
29/11/2001 11:06 AM
Please respond to ORACLE-L

        To:        Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
        cc:
        Fax to:
        Subject:        Re: Off Topic - Windows XP Dialup connection

You're right - this is off topic and doesn't belong on this list at all.  Please take your quest for XP configuration  information elsewhere....

Brian Haas wrote:
On Wed, 28 Nov 2001, Smith, Ron L. wrote: This is off topic but I am trying to find someone with experience on Windows XP.  I am trying to use a dial up connection to connect to my office network from home.  I get connected but my NT logon proc doesn't execute so I cannot see the all of the network domains.  This connection worked under Windows 98 and ME. Any suggestions?

mmm...get rid of winxp for starters ;)

I'm not positive, but with win2k, which may or may not be like xp, there should be some options on a dialup connection to join your domain and/or run your logon script. Just hunt around in the dial up properties. Right click your connection and view the properties. under the options tab in win2k is a check box to logon to windows domain.

Gee and I thought they made XP based on years of usability research to make things easier...go figure.

HTH, -Brian
 --
# Brian Haas <bhaas_at_musiciansfriend.com>       Oracle DBA # # Phone: (541)774-5211   <http://www.musiciansfriend.com> #

--
Jesse W. Asher

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary
safety, deserve neither liberty or safety."  - Benjamin Franklin

information.  If you have received this transmission in error, please
delete it and notify the sender.  The contents of this e-mail are the
opinion of the writer only and are not endorsed by the Mincom Group
of companies unless expressly stated otherwise.