Re: OT: Solaris

From: <Peter.McLarty_at_mincom.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 17:22:14 -0800

Hi  Lisa

Hed on over to http://www.sunmanagers.org and subscribe there for a good list regarding Sun Admin. Have a look at the archive

http://docs.sun.com/ab2/ contains the sun Administrators Docs

This is also a good book

http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/solaris8/

HTH Cheers

Peter McLarty                   E-mail: Peter.Mclarty_at_Mincom.com Technical Consultant        WWW: http://www.Mincom.com APAC Technical Services     Phone: +61 (0)7 3303 3461 Brisbane,  Australia                Mobile: +61 (0)402 094 238

----------------------                    Facsimile: +61 (0)7 3303 3048

"Koivu, Lisa" <lisa.koivu_at_efairfield.com> Sent by: root_at_fatcity.com
30/11/2001 04:49 AM
Please respond to ORACLE-L

        To:        Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
        cc:
        Fax to:
        Subject:        OT: Solaris

I apologize if this is a duplicate.
I may be thrown into solaris system administration <WOO HOO!>.  Can anyone recommend any good books, websites, etc. for a beginner?  I consider myself unix savvy but not an expert and am not adverse to starting at square one, especially since my employer will pay for any book I want.  Going to training isn't an option, however.   Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much
Lisa Koivu
Oracle Database Monkey Mama
Fairfield Resorts, Inc.
954-935-4117

information.  If you have received this transmission in error, please
delete it and notify the sender.  The contents of this e-mail are the
opinion of the writer only and are not endorsed by the Mincom Group
of companies unless expressly stated otherwise.