RE: Multiple instances - Sun Solaris: shmsys and semsys settings

From: Troiano, Paul (CAP, GEFA) <Paul.Troiano_at_gecapital.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 09:04:08 -0800

here is the excerpt from my /etc/system file, we currently have 12 instances on it. Be sure to apply the logic in the comments and not the actual values that I used. The settings will make sense to your SA. The logic comes from reading many papers on the subject (I have them around here somewhere).

This is a Sun E5k with 2.5 GB memory, 10 processors running Solaris 2.6 with both 8.0.5.2.1 and 8.1.7.1.0 Oracle databases. I use the same logic on all our systems.

HTH
- Paul

Author: YTTRI  Lisa
  INET: lisa.yttri_at_cnh.com