RE: 9ias Vs IIS

From: <Val_Gamerman/Victoria_Financial.VICTORIA_FINANCIAL_at_lnn.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 07:18:35 -0800

Just do a search for "IIS security issues" on google, also check out Gartner's web site. There was an article about a month ago where Gartner actually recommended to stay away from IIS for shops that are not already running it ...

"Sunny Verghese" <vsgeorge70_at_hotmail.com> on 11/28/2001 11:03:37 PM

Please respond to ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com

To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com> cc: (bcc: Val Gamerman/Victoria Financial)

Thanks for you inputs.
I'd like some concrete data on Security issues with IIS. Do you know of any sites for this ??? You know how it is, I can't just go to management and tell them that it's not very secure, I need to prove it with data (To make this all the more interesting I'm contracting with a state agency right now... you can imagine the managers there....... No offense to any State "managers" in this group :-) !!!)
>From: schmoldt_at_fyiowa.com
>To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
>Subject: RE: 9ias Vs IIS
>Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 15:00:26 -0800
>
>I'm not a web expert either ... we're just starting to look at
web-enabling
>our forms.
>
>But one big potential drawback to using IIS would be security issues.
It's

Author: Sunny Verghese
  INET: vsgeorge70_at_hotmail.com

  INET: Val_Gamerman/Victoria_Financial.VICTORIA_FINANCIAL_at_lnn.com