RE: Please Help - user details of the sql statement being run not being found

From: Mark Leith <mark_at_cool-tools.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 05:24:10 -0800

Viraj,

I actually wrote this query yesterday for a collection for our tool:

select s.sid SID,

         s.serial# SERIAL,
         s.username USERNAME,
         a.address ADDRESS,
         a.buffer_gets BUFFER_GETS,
         a.executions EXECUTIONS,
         t.piece PIECE,
         t.sql_text SQL
  from v$session s,
         v$sqlarea a,
         v$sqltext t
 where a.address = t.address

   and a.hash_value = t.hash_value
   and a.hash_value = s.sql_hash_value
order by 4, 7

Which is kind of what you are after, only more readable, and ordered correctly. You may want to just take mine, and add whatever else you want/need to it in the correct order.. Hopefully you can see the difference in the way the statement is formatted, but, as Martin pointed out, you would be far better off cracking open a manual and having a good read - there is only so much we can tell you in an email..

HTH Mark

Author: Viraj Luthra
  INET: viraj999_at_lycos.com

Author: Martin Kendall