RE: Connection question?

From: Hallas John <John.Hallas_at_btcellnet.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 01:39:57 -0800

Harry,
I am not sure that BEQ connections use the standard listener at all. In fact on VMS systems you cannot make an internal connection if the bequeath listener is not started (BEQLSNR START|STOP|STATUS). Once you start that listener then you can connect internal even if the normal listener LSNRCTL START|STOP|STATUS) is not running.

I think you are probably correct in what you say but the term listener is used slightly inaccurately.

John

Author: Deepak Thapliyal
  INET: deepakthapliyal_at_yahoo.com

        Fat City Network Services    -- (858) 538-5051  FAX: (858) 538-5051
San Diego, California        -- Public Internet access / Mailing Lists

E mail Disclaimer

You agree that you have read and understood this disclaimer and you agree to be bound by its terms.

The information contained in this e-mail and any files transmitted with
it (if any) are confidential and intended for the addressee only.  If you have
received this e-mail in error please notify the originator or telephone
0191 210 2060 or e-mail postmaster_at_northern-electric.co.uk.

This e-mail and any attachments have been scanned for certain
viruses prior to sending but neither Northern Electric plc nor any of the companies in the Northern Electric group of companies from whom this e-mail originates shall be liable for any losses as a result of any viruses being passed on.

No warranty of any kind is given in respect of any information contained in this e-mail and you should be aware that that it might be incomplete, out of date or incorrect. It is therefore essential that you verify all such information with us before placing any reliance upon it.

Northern Electric plc
Carliol House
Market Street
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
NE1 6NE
Registered in England and Wales: Number 2366942

Author: Lowes, Harry (NESL-IT)
  INET: Harry.Lowes_at_northern-electric.co.uk

Fat City Network Services    -- (858) 538-5051  FAX: (858) 538-5051
San Diego, California        -- Public Internet access / Mailing Lists

This electronic message contains information from the mmO2 plc Group
which may be privileged or confidential. The information is intended to be
for the use of the individual(s) or entity named above. If you are not the
intended recipient be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or
use of the contents of this information is prohibited. If you have received
this electronic message in error, please notify us by telephone or email
(to the numbers or address above) immediately.